I recently discovered that alcohol is something even the unsaved desires to stop drinking or have their loved one stop taking (surprisingly).
So let's assume that everyone [at least] knows that taking alcohol isn't healthy and being a binge drinker isn't the best life to live.
The Bible makes it clear that strong drink (alcohol) can have people doing things they normally wouldn't want to do if they were not under its influence.
Proverbs 31:4-6 KJVIt is not for kings, O Lemuel, it is not for kings to drink wine; nor for princes strong drink:  Lest they drink, and forget the law, and pervert the judgment of any of the afflicted.  Give strong drink unto him that is ready to perish, and wine unto those that be of heavy hearts.
Spiritually and health-wise, alcohol has proven to be very destructive; doing more harm than good. Alcohol has cut many destinies short. It has gotten people into committing imprisonable crimes. It has changed people from being great to being miserable.
Proverbs 20:1 KJVWine is a mocker, strong drink is raging: and whosoever is deceived thereby is not wise.
The menace of alcohol is truly life-threatening; in fact, it has cost people their lives. If you want to know more on why a Christian (or anyone) shouldn't drink alcohol, read this article:
Praying For Alcoholics
The habit of drinking alcohol gradually becomes an addiction that slowly eats people up towards their destruction.
If it is true that we all understand that indulgence in alcoholism is something that should be discouraged and fought against, then we would do more than advising people against alcohol.
There are things that the right counselling could not help prevent. That is where prayer comes in. That is why people need a prayer to stop drinking alcohol, which is what this article is all about.
If you or any of your loved ones really need to stop drinking alcohol, I believe these prayers are for you.
Powerful Prayer To Stop Drinking Alcohol
Before praying to stop drinking alcohol, it is needful that you are saved. If you're not yet saved, go ahead and pray this salvation prayer.
Also, the power to stop taking alcohol won't come from you. By human strength, it is difficult to stop any addiction. The Power to stop taking alcohol will have to come from the Holy Spirit. Read: How To Receive The Baptism Of The Holy Spirit.
- Father, I submit myself to you, declaring my willingness to give You all of my being. I've come to realise that alcohol can stand in the way of me having the best relationship with You. I ask that You help me in my efforts to stop drinking alcohol, in the Name of Jesus Christ.
- Holy Spirit of God, I submit myself to you. I realise how much I need You. I can not do without You. Empower me to overcome this problem of alcohol in my life, in the Name of Jesus Christ.
- Lord, I ask that by Your power You remove from the the desire to continue taking alcohol, in the Name of Jesus Christ.
- Holy Spirit of God, purge from me every remains of alcohol and the thirst to have more alcohol, in the Name of Jesus Christ.
- Father, I ask that You help me overcome every temptation to drinking alcohol. Keep me away from wherever I might get trapped back in drinking alcohol, in the Name of Jesus Christ.
- Lord Jesus, enable me to desire You more than alcohol from now on in my life, Amen.
- Lord, I declare that I have no power of my own to stop taking alcohol. Fill me with Your Holy Spirit and empower me to permanently end this addiction in my life, in the Name of Jesus Christ.
- Father I ask that You help me change my circle of friends. Connect me with godly people who will help encourage and strengthen me away from the life of alcoholism, in the Name of Jesus Christ.
- Father, I submit my self-will to You. Let Your will act upon my will and prevent me from willfully going back to drinking alcohol, in the Name of Jesus Christ.
- Father, I ask that You frustrate every plot of darkness to get me back into the life of alcoholism, in the Name of Jesus Christ.
- Everything that may seem like a manipulation to get me back to drinking alcohol, let it be frustrated, in the Name of Jesus Christ.
- I cover myself with the blood of Jesus Christ. I shield myself from every evil influence purposed to get me back into alcoholism, in the Name of Jesus Christ.
- Father, you destined me to become someone great and not an alcoholic. Let Your will alone manifest and be done in my life, in the Mighty Name of Jesus Christ.
Prayer For Husband To Stop Drinking
Before proceeding to pray for your husband to stop drinking alcohol, it is needful you ensure that he is saved and filled with the Holy Spirit.
If he's not, you should start by praying for his salvation and infilling of the Holy Spirit. Do your best to lead him to salvation. It is difficult for someone who doesn't know God and isn't following Him to stop drinking alcohol.
- Father, I commit my husband into Your hands. I ask that You take dominion over his life. I believe that by Your power, You can stop him from taking alcohol, in the Name of Jesus Christ.
- Lord, I ask that You orchestrate my husband's salvation and fill him with Your Holy Spirit. Anoint and enable him to stop drinking alcohol, in the Name of Jesus Christ.
- Father I ask that You break every desire in my husband to continue drinking alcohol, in the Name of Jesus Christ.
- Make alcohol to begin tasting unpleasant in his mouth. Make him desire You more than alcohol, in the Name of Jesus Christ.
- Father, I ask that You change my husband's circle of friends. Remove everyone who will lure him back into alcoholism and replace them with the right friends, in the Name of Jesus Christ.
- I decree and declare that no effort of the enemy to get him back into alcoholism shall be successful, in the Name of Jesus Christ.
- I abort and frustrate the assignment of every spirit of alcoholism assigned against him, in the Name of Jesus Christ.
- Every chain of alcoholism holding my husband in captivity, I command you to be broken now, in the Mighty Name of Jesus Christ!
- Every strategy of darkness planned to be used to bring him back into alcoholism shall prove abortive, in the Name of Jesus Christ.
Final Words On Prayer Against Drinking Alcohol
Beloved, I trust the Lord that if you follow the guide in this article and pray these prayers with faith, God will help you or your loved ones out of alcoholism.
If you are praying for your husband to stop drinking alcohol, you shouldn't pray once and stop there. You have to keep praying till he completely forsakes the life of alcoholism.
The prayer for husband to stop drinking alcohol can be used on anyone. Replace 'husband' with that person's name in each prayer point as you pray.
If you are led, you can pray these prayers alongside fasting. Watch how God intervenes and transforms someone through these prayers.
God bless you.
You are NOT allowed to copy and redistribute our content in any format!
Read This Next