In the above scripture, the Lord instructs us through Apostle Paul to redeem time, because the days are evil. If the end time Christian must fulfil their destiny exactly the way God intended them to, before the end of the age, they must individually apply this scripture to their life.
Time is a priceless but non-renewable resource, also the most wasted resource by man.
Ephesians 5:15-17 KJVSee then that ye walk circumspectly, not as fools, but as wise,  Redeeming the time, because the days are evil.  Wherefore be ye not unwise, but understanding what the will of the Lord is.
Time matters so much to God who created it. God does things according to times and seasons. It is our responsibility to ensure we don't miss God and miss out on what He purposed to do in our lives, or have us do in specific times and seasons.
Ecclesiastes 3:1 KJVTo every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
Once in a while, like Solomon, we need to remind ourselves that there is time for everything: there's a time to be born and a time to die. There is a set time that God intended that we fulfil our purpose on earth.
We cannot afford to be wasteful and carefree with time, lest we find ourselves struggling to meet up with destiny and eternity after we had wasted so much time on frivolities.
Meaning of Redeeming The Time In The Bible
To redeem time means to make the best use of time each day of our life, in a way that pleases God and draws us closer to the fulfilment of our divine purpose and destiny on earth.
Our basic attitude toward time and eternity matters. It matters to God and should as well matter to us.
Psalm 90:12 KJVSo teach us to number our days, that we may apply our hearts unto wisdom.
There is wisdom in understanding that the days our life on this present earth are numbered, and hence, make sure we don't lag behind God, and miss the seasons which He appointed we carryout certain tasks and fulfil our purpose.
Why We Should Redeem Time
Psalm 90:10 KJVThe days of our years are threescore years and ten; and if by reason of strength they be fourscore years, yet is their strength labour and sorrow; for it is soon cut off, and we fly away.
There is great wisdom in knowing (and not trying to deny the fact) that every man's age goes forward daily and not backwards. Everyone walks towards their old age. Hence, it will be to our detriment if we refuse to make the best use of time while we are still young and full of energy.
Ecclesiastes 12:1 KJVRemember now thy Creator in the days of thy youth, while the evil days come not, nor the years draw nigh, when thou shalt say, I have no pleasure in them.
As Christians, we are called to be lights in this dark world, drawing and showing the lost the right way back to God. There is also a set time for our lights to shine. We cannot afford to miss our appointed time.
I know sometimes, we all feel like being lazy. Laziness is pleasing to the flesh but it has also destroyed many who were supposed to be great in life.
The days are evil. No one thought a pandemic would pop up from nowhere to lock everyone in and disrupt everything. We don't know what may come tomorrow—it could be the last day on earth. We must make the best use of today.
Life is short. Time goes very fast. It is at our detriment, if we keep procrastinating and postponing things we are supposed to do today to tomorrow. Time waits for no one.
Colossians 4:5 KJVWalk in wisdom toward them that are without, redeeming the time.
How To Redeem Time
- Know your purpose for existence. Channel quality time and resources towards fulfilling it.
- Set priorities. Spend less or no time on less important things. Give valuable time to more important things.
- Avoid distractions. They can come in form of hobbies, friendships or anything. Be swift to spot a distraction and avoid it.
- Be self-disciplined. Get yourself to do what you have to do at the right time.
Benefits of Redeeming The Time
- By redeeming time, we are equipped and made ready for God's use.
- Kingdom productivity comes with making the best use of our time. If we obey God's instruction to redeem time daily, we will be productive in the Kingdom.
- By redeeming time, we obey a very important instruction from God, and there are always blessings attached to obedience.
- The overall benefit of redeeming time is a fulfilled life, a fulfilled destiny and purpose—an accomplished life.
- At old age we will have no reason to live in regret that we did not do what we were supposed to do when we were young and stronger.
Thank you Father to showing me in Your word, the importance of redeeming time. Thank You for the guidance on how I can go about redeeming time. Enable me to make the best use of my time from now on, in Jesus Name I ask, Amen.
You are NOT allowed to copy and redistribute our content in any format!
Read This Next