While going through hard times or experiencing grieve, seeking medical assistance for depression may not always be the best option. As Christians, we are not helpless. We should always remember to get back in scriptures to read, meditate on, and declare it upon our lives. That is why we bring you these Psalms for depression.
God is always near. He is there even in the midst of the storms. He has promised to sustain us and carry us through our darkest hour.
Each bible verse in this article is helpful for depression and the healing of our broken spirits. Make sure to have them handy.
Psalms About Depression KJV
- Psalm 30:11-12 KJV Thou hast turned for me my mourning into dancing: thou hast put off my sackcloth, and girded me with gladness;  To the end that my glory may sing praise to thee, and not be silent. O Lord my God, I will give thanks unto thee for ever.
- Psalm 69:29-30 KJV But I am poor and sorrowful: let thy salvation, O God, set me up on high.  I will praise the name of God with a song, and will magnify him with thanksgiving.
- Psalm 25:16-21 KJV Turn thee unto me, and have mercy upon me; for I am desolate and afflicted.  The troubles of my heart are enlarged: O bring thou me out of my distresses.  Look upon mine affliction and my pain; and forgive all my sins.  Consider mine enemies; for they are many; and they hate me with cruel hatred.  O keep my soul, and deliver me: let me not be ashamed; for I put my trust in thee.  Let integrity and uprightness preserve me; for I wait on thee.
- Psalm 3:3 KJV But thou, O Lord, art a shield for me; my glory, and the lifter up of mine head.
- Psalm 143:4-8 KJV Therefore is my spirit overwhelmed within me; my heart within me is desolate.  I remember the days of old; I meditate on all thy works; I muse on the work of thy hands.  I stretch forth my hands unto thee: my soul thirsteth after thee, as a thirsty land. Selah.  Hear me speedily, O Lord : my spirit faileth: hide not thy face from me, lest I be like unto them that go down into the pit.  Cause me to hear thy lovingkindness in the morning; for in thee do I trust: cause me to know the way wherein I should walk; for I lift up my soul unto thee.
- Psalm 130:1-2,5 KJV Out of the depths have I cried unto thee, O Lord.  Lord, hear my voice: let thine ears be attentive to the voice of my supplications.  I wait for the Lord, my soul doth wait, and in his word do I hope.
- Psalm 118:5-6 KJV I called upon the Lord in distress: the Lord answered me, and set me in a large place.  The Lord is on my side; I will not fear: what can man do unto me?
- Psalm 23:4 KJV Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.
- Psalm 30:5 KJV For his anger endureth but a moment; in his favour is life: weeping may endure for a night, but joy cometh in the morning.
- Psalm 116:3-9 KJV The sorrows of death compassed me, and the pains of hell gat hold upon me: I found trouble and sorrow.  Then called I upon the name of the Lord ; O Lord, I beseech thee, deliver my soul.  Gracious is the Lord, and righteous; yea, our God is merciful.  The Lord preserveth the simple: I was brought low, and he helped me.  Return unto thy rest, O my soul; for the Lord hath dealt bountifully with thee.  For thou hast delivered my soul from death, mine eyes from tears, and my feet from falling.  I will walk before the Lord in the land of the living.
- Psalm 107:14 KJV He brought them out of darkness and the shadow of death, and brake their bands in sunder.
- Psalm 55:1-2,16-17 KJV Give ear to my prayer, O God; and hide not thyself from my supplication.  Attend unto me, and hear me: I mourn in my complaint, and make a noise;  As for me, I will call upon God; and the Lord shall save me.  Evening, and morning, and at noon, will I pray, and cry aloud: and he shall hear my voice.
- Psalm 9:9-10 KJV The Lord also will be a refuge for the oppressed, a refuge in times of trouble.  And they that know thy name will put their trust in thee: for thou, Lord, hast not forsaken them that seek thee.
- Psalm 42:5 KJV Why art thou cast down, O my soul? and why art thou disquieted in me? hope thou in God: for I shall yet praise him for the help of his countenance.
- Psalm 34:18 KJV The Lord is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.
What The Bible Says About Depression
What does the bible says about depression? Below is a selection of top Bible verses that tackles depression. I believe you'll be blessed having them.
- John 16:33 KJV These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.
- Isaiah 35:10 KJV And the ransomed of the Lord shall return, and come to Zion with songs and everlasting joy upon their heads: they shall obtain joy and gladness, and sorrow and sighing shall flee away.
- Deuteronomy 31:8 KJV And the Lord, he it is that doth go before thee; he will be with thee, he will not fail thee, neither forsake thee: fear not, neither be dismayed.
- 2 Samuel 22:29 KJV For thou art my lamp, O Lord : and the Lord will lighten my darkness.
- Matthew 11:28-30 KJV Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.  Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.  For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.
Final Words On Psalms For Depression
There is a solution to every problem in God's word. A Christian should always remember this and get back to the holy scriptures whenever they are faced with life's challenges.
I trust that you were blessed reading this article on Psalms for depression.
You are NOT allowed to copy and redistribute our content in any format!
Read This Next